ABOUT URGENT CARE 24
Urgent Care 24 (UC24) was established in 2004 to provide GP out of hours services in Liverpool. During the following 10 years, patient activity, demographics, expectations, service delivery and service commissioning have undergone significant change. Whilst the organisation has grown and diversified, it has retained its focus on providing high quality urgent care services.
Urgent Care 24 was created following a successful procurement process and the amalgamation of three organisations into one.
- Urgent Care 24 was initially formed to provide the Out of Hours service.
- In 2009, Urgent Care 24 became a Social Enterprise not for profit organisation.
- In 2011, Urgent Care 24 was awarded the Social Enterprise Quality Mark.
- In 2012, Urgent Care 24 was awarded the Two Tick symbol for its positive commitment to people with a disability at Work Program.
- In 2015 Urgent Care 24 achieved Living Wage accreditation.
We look forward to continuing to be a key part of our local community and health economy.